CONFERENCE WITH A CONSIENCE
SAICSIT 2019 Skukuza
EMPOWERING RURAL COMMUNITIES
IN AFRICA IS ESSENTIAL TO THE
PRESERVATION OF ELEPHANTS
Elephants, Rhinos & People (ERP) was founded to preserve and protect Southern Africa’s wild elephants and rhinos through a strategy that is based on rural poverty alleviation. ERP carefully selects projects based on their potential to create economic engines for impoverished rural communities in areas adjacent to threatened elephant and rhino populations.
Armed with an Ashoka-accredited poverty alleviation model, ERP addresses the welfare of elephants and rhinos in an unusual but effective manner. Leveraging over 20 years of experience in community relations, poverty alleviation, conservation and impact investment, ERP can achieve sustainable, non-lethal wildlife conservation.
The poverty alleviation-based strategy is a medium to long-term proposition, so ERP also implements a range of tactical interventions designed to combat the poaching problem, and to improve the welfare of elephants and rhinos in the short term.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to ERP’s fieldwork, since all overheads are already covered by our primary benefactor, groupelephant.com
- ERP works directly with the communityWithin reason, ERP will try anything that may work
- ERP is run with the discipline of a business, rather than like a conventional nonprofit
- ERP builds unconventional partnerships
- ERP proves every project through ongoing evaluation and monitoring
AMPLIFY OUR EFFORTS IN THE FIELD BY:
- Outsourcing your company’s Corporate Social Responsibility spend to ERP*
- Sign up as an ERP Ambassador at www.erpambassador.com
- Please support us financially at www.erp.ngo
CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org
*The poverty alleviation arm of ERP in South Africa is a nonprofit trust, accredited
to provide certification for B-BBEE related spend and tax deductibility. For US
donations, ERP is a 501(c)(3) | EIN 81-1973249.